8/19/2012

Can't, Don't and Prayer

I'm doing really well on this raw food diet. This is so unlike me! Really. Maybe a person CAN change into a new and improved version of themselves. I've heard it's been done. It's very strange but this attempt at raw food hasn't felt as much like a hardship as usual. This seems to be what I want to eat rather than what I have to eat. (I think the raw desserts are helping!)

I heard somewhere that if you say, "I can't eat that because I'm on a diet" you will usually fall off the wagon. But if you say, "I don't eat that" you'll have a little more staying power. Maybe it comes down to how we view ourselves. I remember being offered a treat by a friend one day and I said, "No thanks, I'm not eating sugar right now." I remember how it felt. Empowering. As if I actually had a choice! She was almost as surprised as I was by my reply. It felt good. Now that I'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself-the confession. For some other strange reason, this raw food experiment feels like something I MUST do. For health, self-mastery, experimentation, self-esteem or for all of the above-I don't really know. It also, unfortunately, feels like something I CAN'T do. At least not by myself. I've got a string of failures a mile long to prove it. And so, before I spend too much time patting myself on the back I need to say thank you to my Heavenly Father. Because I've been praying desperately for help. And I've made progress. I think the two are related.

Day 3 147 pounds - down 3 pounds

B: kale chips
S: more kale chips
L: salad with romaine, cucumber, avocado, walnuts, cilantro, and the raw rio dressing
S: kale chips
D: more of the lunch salad
Dessert: raw vanilla cashew ice-cream with fresh sliced peaches on top (heaven)

Day 4  146 pounds - down four pounds
B: Bunny Spice shake which is made from 1 cup of fresh carrot juice, 1 cup of homemade almond milk (flavored with vanilla and a date), a frozen banana and a dash of cinnamon or a 1/2  teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. This is almost like drinking a liquid pumpkin pie. Sweet, creamy and orange colored. Seriously yummy.
S: more of the Bunny Spice
L: salad with romaine, sunflower seeds, corn cut from the cob, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, and my raw rio dressing.
S: the last of the cashew ice-cream and peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment