7/18/2012

Too Much of a Good Thing



I ate a lot of food today. Although it was good, healthy food I went for both quality and quantity. I don’t remember too long a stretch today when I wasn’t shoving something in my face! If anyone on the planet could gain weight on a raw vegan diet it would be me. (It ended up not being a full raw diet today-more on that.)

Sadly, I did discover that my favorite coconut milk, chocolate and agave ice-cream is not actually raw. Vegan, yes. Delicious, yes. But not raw. Although I had suspected it for sometime now, I didn’t want to know the truth. It’s soooo good and soooo much better for you than any other commercial ice-cream out there. I can eat a whole pint without feeling sick and I can’t say that about Haagen Daz. I'm a teensy bit embarrassed to admit that I have this information on file in my brain because of trial and error rather than good old fashioned common sense.

Anyway,  I looked it up tonight on the internet (too much info out there) and decided to lay off for awhile, Naturally I had to finish the carton so there would be none around to temp me tomorrow. I can’t wait to see what the scale says in the morning. 

You've gotta try Coconut Bliss ice-creams. You can find the pints in health food stores and some well-stocked grocery stores. All the flavors are good but the dark chocolate is pure bliss!

Wednesday July 18th  woke up weighing 147 (down three pounds in two days)

B: apple, pear, banana, cucumber, spinach, and chia seed smoothie
S: More of the same smoothie

S: chocolate, coconut milk and agave ice-cream
L: Salad with walnuts, fresh salsa, raw corn off the cob and avocado
S: More of the same salad
S: chocolate, coconut milk and agave ice-cream
D: Strawberry, raspberry, mango and pomegranate juice smoothie (the Pom Power shake from The Orange Peel)
S: The last of the Coconut Bliss ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment