7/12/2016

Acro Yoga






This is me, trying to find my feet and balance on someone else's feet at the same time.


I took an acro yoga class and had a blast. It's a mix of yoga and acrobatics but to me it felt like playing on the playground during recess.  You don't have to be an expert yogi or be a Cirque du Soleil performer to enjoy this class.  If you get a chance to try it, go for it!


                     Success! (It only lasted for a few seconds but so worth the effort.)


Just make sure you've got a good teacher, a good base person and a spotter.  This class was put on by Be Hot Yoga, which is my favorite yoga studio ever. They also offered an aerial yoga class taught by the beautiful and talented Summer Davies of Vertical Art Dance. She showed us how to do all kinds of tricks in our silk slings. I got a bit of a headache because I'm not accustomed to hanging upside down so much, but it was worth it. I just rested in my silk cocoon for a bit and all was right with the world again.










No comments:

Post a Comment