2/09/2012

Cross Your Fingers

 


I’m doing much better now. Two all raw days under my increasingly loose belt. Let’s just hope I’m on a roll! I talk as though I am not completely in control of what I put in my mouth. In all honesty, sometimes I’m not. Well, okay, often times I’m not. I’ll go as far as ‘mostly’ but that’s it. I really hate the word ‘never’. But all that nonsense is going to change now. After years of aborted attempts  (usually by 10 am on day 1) I think I'm actually going to finish a healthy diet experiment. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Wed Day 8  150 pounds (I feel like my body is attached to this weight with a bungie cord that takes me right back there with any diet infraction. No matter how good I’ve been beforehand. I defy calorie physics!!)
9:30am Green smoothie
11 am Guacamole and veggie sticks
1:00 pm salad with sunflower seeds
3:00 Raw cashew ice-cream (big bowl) with fresh strawberries and raw chocolate sauce. This is not part of April’s detox program but I had some in my freezer and hey, it’s better than going to Cold Stone.
8 pm Curried vegetables with seed crackers
I walked two miles in the morning and I swam 45 minutes in the evening. I’m starting to feel better.
Thursday Day 9   148.8  pounds   Down one and a half pounds
8:30 am Green smoothie-now it’s only 50 percent fruit and a shot of wheatgrass thrown in for good measure. More ‘getting used to’ required here. But soooo good for me! 
10:00 am Sauerkraut and seed crackers
12:00 pm Veggie soup and a collard wrap filled with sauce and veggies
2:00 pm  Kale chips and a cherry malt (these were supposed to be tomorrow’s snacks but I really couldn’t resist. I LOVE the kale chips and I just sampled the cherry shake to see if I liked it. You can probably figure out that it passed my inspection. Tomorrow’s snack time will be a sad, sad time, indeed.
4:00 pm Black sesame slaw with ginger dressing
8:00 pm Salad with avocado dressing, sprouts and sunflower seeds and carrot crackers
I rode the exercise bike for about 45 minutes tonight. I thought I was working out pretty hard but I kept getting involved in the TV show and forgetting to pedal soooo, not really sure if that constitutes a workout. Don’t you just love the exercise equipment with the built-in TVs? When is someone going to attach a TV to my vacuum cleaner? Oh, wait. I never vacuum so that won't do me much good.  I don’t have TV at my house so there’s some extra incentive to workout for me. If I can just remember to keep pedaling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment