9/22/2013

Raw Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake



So this is the orange "glass" I made from a dehydrated orange slice. Isn't it pretty? The cheesecake was quite short, more like a bar, since I used a 9"x9" pan. For this photo I stacked two layers and decorated it with the orange. I really need to get a good camera and stop using my phone!

This recipe was adapted from Matthew Kenney's which I believe can be found in his "Everyday Raw" book. Enjoy!


Raw Pumpkin Pie Cheescake
Crust:
2 cups pecans
3 Tb maple syrup

2 Tb coconut oil
 1/4 tsp salt
Filling:
3/4 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup agave
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup carrot juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 t salt
1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice

Put the crust ingredients in the food processor and pulse until you get a chunky blob. Press it into a pan and then dehydrate it for one or two days. Remove from the dehydrator and put the pan in the freezer.

Blend the filling ingredients in a Vitamix or Blendtec blender until smooth. Pour over the cold crust and then put the pan back into the freezer. When it is nearly frozen you can slice it cleanly. I like to cut it into individual servings and then store them in the freezer so they are always ready when I want one.


On Monday, September 16, 2013 I woke up weighing 162 pounds!!
That is not only an all time high but it’s more than I weighed the day before giving birth to three of my four children. I wasn’t pregnant with three of them at the same time but you know what I mean. Anyway I also signed up for a fitness/weight loss contest so...let the games begin!

Breakfast: almond milk and fruit smoothie (Wal Mart frozen blend of peaches, pineapple, mango and strawberries)


Lunch: romaine salad with 1/2 avocado, cucumber, jicama, sprouted beans and lentils, cilantro and fresh salsa as dressing

Dinner: more of the same salad

Snack: raw pumpkin pie cheesecake bars (recipe and photo above)

I walked a one mile loop with the dogs in the morning. I spun the pedals on the stationary bike while watching 3 episodes of Gilmore Girls. I barely broke a sweat and Hubby says that’s not working out but whatever.


Tuesday 9-17-13            161 pounds

B: chia seed porridge with peaches and almond milk

S: more of the same porridge

L: romaine salad with cucumber, carrot, avocado, orange bell pepper, and sprouts with avocado and salsa

S: raw pumpkin pie cheesecake bars

D: same salad as lunch

I got in the pool and swam 4,000 yards. It took me an hour and a half and I did a lot of putt-putting around but it felt really good. I thought I took it easy most of the time but an hour after I finished I could really feel it. Tired muscles everywhere. I guess that’s what happens when you stay out of the pool for months on end. (Years, actually)

Raw Day 3       9-18-13        160  pounds

B: cucumber, celery and green apple juice blended with fruit.

S: coconut chia seed porridge with peaches

L: clean out the produce drawer salad

D: more salad

S: coconut ice-cream



On days four through six I ate about 90% raw and weighed 158 this morning-down four pounds since Monday.  I'm feeling better in the pool and signed up for the Slam the Dam open water swim on Oct 5th at Lake Mead in Las Vegas. I'm excited about that upcoming race and plan to have dropped more weight by then.

1 comment:

  1. (This is Camie.)

    I love reading your blog--even if it is about how hard you are on yourself! This pumpkin pie cheesecake looks amazing! I've been back on my Weight Watchers regimen. Actually, I'm considering swimming a bit after I shred some pounds that I put on while renovating the RV--seriously destroyed my delicate balance in life. :) I am barely now getting back on top of things! So you might have a swimming convert on your hands soon here. Peace!

    ReplyDelete