10/13/2012

Stress = Brownies=Stress=Brownies

Life got a little stressful this week. I self-medicated with brownies. Too much sugar makes it hard for me to handle stress. So more brownies. After which, daily happenings that normally are not stressful feel catastrophic to me. Thus fueling the need for more brownies. And so on and so forth until I spend a long night crying about my stressful life and my brownie-bloated body. I wake up the next morning with bloated eyes to match bloated body. Nothing fits now because in a wave of optimism I gave away my fat jeans a few months ago, assuming I would never be riding the 150 plus pound wave again. So here I am feeling a little strung out on sugar and wearing uncomfortably tight jeans on a bloated body. Let's just call this eating rock bottom and go up from here, shall we?

Do you have a family that becomes truly barbaric when a large pan of brownies sits on the stove? Do they skip the whole civilized act of cutting and serving brownies in lieu of a couple of forks in the pan? Do they leave the forks in the pan so that anytime anyone walks through the kitchen they can pick up a fork and take a stab at the pan and chew up the brownies on the way to somewhere else, effectively leaving a Hansel and Gretel trail throughout the house? Does the enormous pan of brownies disappear, forkful by forkful, at an alarmingly fast rate and everyone assumes that someone else is eating most of it? Does your family consume brownies like that? Well, thank goodness, neither does mine!

But other than those bad news brownies,  everything is great! I'm getting psyched to start another attempt at my 30-day raw food experiment. This time I'm going to be gentle on myself and remind myself that this is NOT a diet. This is a celebration of the miraculous abundance we have of delicious, healing foods. There is no bandwagon to fall off of. No amount self loathing will be tolerated. (Thank you, Cindy, for that.) This is not about what I CAN'T eat but about what I WANT to eat. This is a powerful way for me to nourish my body and help me to reach my best place- physically, emotionally and spiritually. A place I love, love, love being in. A place full of calm, loving feelings and great skin. Produce shopping here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment