5/18/2012

Hell Hole 10K



On May 12th the city of Washington, Utah (just outside of St George) sponsored a 5k and 10k as part of their week-long cotton days. I'd seen the posters around but never thought of entering it. Although I'm still in the conversion process, I'm really not a runner yet.

Then, last week my friend Yvonne called me and said she was running the Hell Hole 10K and asked me if I wanted to play. I googled it and got excited about the scenic path along the river. Plus, I figured I wouldn't need to get up too early since it's close to home.  I'm not in shape to run a 10K but I knew I'd get a great workout if I participated. When I set out to do a long "run" on my own I end up walking the whole thing. Funny how that happens. It was a nice morning with great weather and a fun crowd. The course didn't disappoint until I got to the stinky part of the river! For the most part it was quite enjoyable with hills and twists and a nice stretch along the Virgin river.

I walked about half of the first two miles and then jogged the remaining four. That was pretty good for me and I was surprised at how relatively easy it was. That easy pace took me an hour and 7 minutes to finish but it's all good! Yvonne got second in her division and won a gift certificate to the Pizza Factory. Yeah Yvonne!

No comments:

Post a Comment