3/11/2012

Test Results


More good news! A few days after the raw food cleanse I got some blood work done to see what happened on the inside. I really hate needles so for me to just volunteer my arm up for puncturing was pretty amazing. I got my lab results back and I’m pretty excited. My cholesterol was 189 which is down 55 points from a year ago. In fact, this is the first time in nearly 20 years that it’s been under 200. Some other numbers that had previously been out of the normal range (for kidney function) are all now wonderfully normal. I don’t normally seek out normalcy but in the case of lab results I’m abnormally happy with normal! I’m still a little anemic, which is something I’ve struggled with off and on for years. That will explain why I had more energy after the cleanse but not as much as I had experienced in the past after cleansing at OHI.

It was exciting to see that even though I wasn’t perfect 100 percent raw (and did have the occasional really bad slip up) I still saw a big improvement in my health. Baby steps, Sandi, baby steps. Perfection is still an elusive, frustrating concept for me so I’m going for progress, not perfection.

The plan is to focus on getting out of the anemia zone, getting in some quality workouts and continuing with a high raw diet with small amounts of high quality (cooked) meat. I need to lose more weight because right now it’s a REAL handicap as far as swimming and running go. It’s me and my extra 20 pounds, just plodding along...

No comments:

Post a Comment