6/02/2013

Saturday at OHI





I felt good when I awoke this morning. Renee and I slugged down our wheatgrass juice like pros then got ready for breakfast. Everything is winding down and I’m excited and nervous to be going home tomorrow. I’m not sure I’m ready to leave this place and venture out in the world again but I really miss the kiddos. I can’t wait to get home to my family.

I’m still struggling with cravings now and then and I want to continue this program. I know I’m not done detoxing and I look forward to feeling really good. Most of the pain in my body is gone and I can walk with no sharp knee pain. The lump at the back of my skull had gone down considerable and is no longer tender. Not sure what it was but I’m glad it’s leaving! (I was afraid that it would keep on growing and one of my alter egos would take up residence at the back of my head-Harry Potter style. Glad that didn't happen.)

Renee, too, has seen so much improvement during this past week. She was able to stop taking her pain medication for her rheumatoid arthritis for the first time in years. She also feels like she learned so much and made some startling discoveries about her own life.

We attended the closing class then had lunch. Afterward we had a quiet afternoon journaling and setting up a life plan to help us succeed in the “real world.” Spent time after dinner visiting with the other guests then watched the “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” documentary in the evening. One day I will do an extended juice feast. Just for fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment